What is Responsible Tourism in Nepal?
Responsible Tourism in Nepal is a new way of management of tourism which aimed to mix economic, social and environment benefits and minimizing costs to destinations. Simply Responsible Tourism is tourism “which creates better places for people to live in, and better places to visit”. It approaches an aims to achieve the triple-bottom line outcomes of sustainable development which includes economic growth, environmental integrity and social justice.
Mission Nepal Holidays as Responsible Tour and Adventure Travel Company
Mission Nepal Holidays has grown as a fully dedicated travel professional since its launch running actively by the trained and professional personals in tourism industry to offer best out of all. Mission Nepal Holidays is committed to upholding the values of eco-tourism and responsible travel.
Mission Nepal Holidays believed in tourism industry to make a low impact on the natural environment and local culture and helping to generate income and employment for local people. Moreover, we promote the conservation goal of local ecosystems in aspect of both ecological and cultural sensitive. Involving the local people’s participation plays major role in sustainable tourism and takes responsibility in tourism industry.
We have adopted the principles for responsible tourism. The guidelines for the responsible tourism were charted in Cape Town in 2002 and followed up in Kerala in 2008.
Responsible Tourism Policy:
- We promote trips that are offered by local suppliers and communities
- We ensure that the returns from the trips featured in our website are generated back to the host communities through services such as guide, accommodation and transportation
- We ensure that local guides are being engaged to provide better interpretative experiences
- We involve local communities where possible in our operations
- We purchase, where possible, local products
- We adhere to local conditions and limits set by local carrying capacity for trips and host destination that we market
- We encourage our guests to take trips during the off-peak period to prevent over straining resources
- We will contract only with suppliers, such as hotels, tour operators that are able to take into account the environment impact of their activities
- We encourage our guests to contribute to My Climate to offset their emission
- We will actively promote and raise awareness of responsible tourism and travel practices among travelers through our website, literature and presentations
- Travelers who booked through our website will receive information on the destination prior to their trips, so to understand and respect the culture and environment of the host destination
- We provide our staff with regular and ongoing training, in the principles and practices of responsible tourism to ensure that the policy is put into practice
- We will take into consideration economic, environmental and social issues when looking at new product and destinations
- We will work together with our local partners in the host destinations to implement the responsible tourism guidelines and work out how these standards can be met
- We support local projects that are related to environmental conservation and local community development
- We buy souvenirs and handicrafts from local communities for our online store and corporate gifts
Mission Nepal Holidays assures that we are fully dedicated to fulfill economic, environment and social responsibility in Tourism Industry.